Glasgow International Comedy Festival Competition Terms and Conditions
By entering this promotion, entrants will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these Terms and Conditions and shall be bound by them together with any other applicable promotional material.
Where there is any conflict or inconsistency between any other communications (including advertising or promotional materials) and these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail.
1. The promoter is Whyte and Mackay Limited, 4th Floor, St. Vincent Plaza, 319 St. Vincent Street, Glasgow, Scotland, G2 5RG (the “Promoter”).
2. This promotion is open to all United Kingdom (but excluding Northern Ireland) residents aged 18 years or over. For the avoidance of doubt, this promotion is also not open to residents of the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man.
3. All entrants represent that they are aged 18 years or above. The Promoter shall have the right to discard entries at any time which are found to be in breach of this Clause 3.
4. No Purchase necessary. One entry per person; multiple entries shall be rejected.
5. This promotion is not open to employees of the Promoter, their families, the Promoter’s agents, clients, suppliers, retailers, merchants and associates.
6. This promotion opens on 24 February 2020 and will close at 23:59 pm on 03 March 2020 (the "Promotional Period"). All entries must be received by 23.59 pm on 03 March 2020 - any entries received outside of the Promotional Period shall be automatically rejected.
7. To enter the promotion, simply share the best joke that you have ever heard over a dram, in the comments section of the Whyte & Mackay Facebook competition post as directed. The funniest and most original entry, as determined by Promoter in its sole discretion, shall win the Grand Prize. The Promoter shall also, in its sole discretion, determine the next 37 funniest and most original entries to win 37 Runner-up Prize winners.
8. The selection of the Grand Prize winner and the Runner-up Prize winners will take place on 04 March 2020 from all valid entries received during the Promotional Period. Winners will be picked by the Promoter and shall be notified via Facebook comment by the Promoter on 04 March 2020 with details on how to claim prize. Selection of the Grand Prize winner and the Runner-up Prize winners shall be final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
9. All entries must be in your own words and not copied. Eligible entries will be judged in accordance with these Terms and Conditions:
a. Entries must not contain or refer to any third party brand and must not contain or reference any third party names, logos and/or trademarks.
b. When you submit any materials via the promotion you, unless the Promoter advises otherwise, licence and grant the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. You agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use, where the moral rights in respect of the Content are yours to assert. You warrant that you have the full authority to grant these rights.
c. You warrant and agree that: (a) you will not submit any Content that is unlawful, criminal or fraudulent, or that the Promoter may deem in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, dangerous, obscene, derogatory, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, offensive, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 14, or otherwise unsuitable for publication; (b) you will obtain prior consent from any person or property that appears in your Content; (c) you will obtain full prior consent from any person who has jointly created or has any rights in the Content, to the uses and terms herein; (d) your Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (e) you will comply will all applicable laws and regulations including without limitation, those governing copyright, content defamation, privacy, publicity and the access of use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, you indemnify the Promoter for any breach of the above terms. Any entry that shows, displays and/or demonstrates any of the foregoing will not be accepted, and, if appropriate, will be forwarded to the relevant authorities.
10. All reasonable efforts will be made to contact winners, however, if a winner has not responded to the Promoter’s communications by 17:00 pm on 06 March 2020 the Promoter shall be entitled to withdraw that winner’s prize entitlement and award it to an alternative entrant.
11. The Grand Prize is a 50cl bottle of Whyte & Mackay 50-Year-Old Blended Scotch Whisky (the “Grand Prize”). There are also 37 pairs of tickets to the Glasgow Comedy Festival (the “Runner-up Prizes”). The Runner-up Prizes do not include travel, accommodation, food or any other financial contribution by the Promoter.
12. Grand Prize shall be posted to winner at cost of Promoter – risk shall pass on dispatch of Grand Prize by the Promoter.
13. All shows and dates of the Glasgow Comedy Festival are subject to availability. Shows will be determined by the Promoter. Access to the specified show shall be solely at the venue’s discretion and the Promoter shall have no responsibility or liability whatsoever in the event that (i) any Runner-up Prize winner and/or guest fails to or is unable to attend the specified show (for any reason) (ii) any Runner-up Prize Winner and/or guest is refused entry to the specified show (for any reason); (iii) the specified show is cancelled, rescheduled, oversubscribed and/or does not complete (for any reason).
14. Prizes issued under this promotion are strictly non-transferrable and must not be offered for resale. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this promotion.
15. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, alter, vary, suspend or withdraw this promotion as the Promoter deems necessary in its absolute sole discretion. The Promoter shall have the right in its absolute sole discretion to substitute any prize with one of equivalent or greater value. The prize or its alternative must be accepted as offered. No cash alternative will be offered in whole or in part in connection with this promotion.
16. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions or incorrect, illegible, fraudulent or other invalid or improper information has been provided, the Promoter may at its sole discretion refuse to award any prize under this promotion to a winning entrant.
Entrants’ personal data shall be processed by the Promoter solely for the fulfilment and execution of this Promotion. The personal data of the Winner of this promotion shall not be published in any circumstances without the Winner’s explicit prior approval.
18. The Promoter is not liable for any delay or failure to perform any obligation to the entrant that is caused by any circumstance beyond its reasonable control or by any act or omission of any third party although it will always use reasonable endeavours to minimise any entrant disappointment.
19. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability, for any injury sustained, loss, or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following: any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; or any tax liability incurred by any entrant.
20. The Promoter’s decision is final on all matters relating to this promotion.
21. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
22. These Terms and Conditions are subject to Scottish Law and each entrant shall be deemed to irrevocably submit to exclusive jurisdiction of Scottish Courts.
The Promoter encourages responsible drinking and would direct consumers to read http://www.drinkaware.co.uk for more information.